Tuesday 18 August 2015

CASEing Darnell

My card

Darnell's card

Hi friends! 
Some time ago Darnell from djkardkreations posted the fantastic card you see above -click here for the direct link to the card in question. For her background Darnell used a "smooshing technique" -she smooshed different colors of ink onto her paper with a small acrylic block before stamping the floral image with black ink. I asked Darnell's permission to CASE her wonderful card and she said yes... So yesterday I took my smallest acrylic block and started smooshing! Well... My smooshing looked TERRIBLE! It was a disaster, believe me. :) I think I should have used pastel colors like Darnell did or use less pressure in my smooshing or something... But anyway, the end result was a mess. I ended up taking my mini ink-blending tool and smooshing 3 colors of ink with that tool instead of the acrylic block. I didn't blend the inks together but just smooshed ink circles onto my paper. The end result is quite pretty I think -I heat embossed the large Hero Arts flower stamp on top of the smooshed bg with black ink and glossy, transparent embossing powder so the card has a lot of shine and texture. The sentiment is Finnish for Best Wishes.

Thank you Darnell for the inspiration! You rocked your smooshed bg! :) 

I'd like to enter:

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful CASE of Darnell's card Nonni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card, Nonni! I feel your pain with the smooshing....I can't get a look that I like either :) Love the warm colours and that beautiful background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this honor, Nonni! What a thrill to be CASEd by you! I love how your smooshing with the blending tool turned out! The colors are warm and tropical and work perfectly with your flower stamp! I am going to be walking on air and grinning all day long!! Huge hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what your first card looked like, but I think your second attempt ended up to be a very beautiful and elegant design. I love the brownish colors for a bit of an aged look and your stamp is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous. Whatever smooshing you did, it turned out just beautifully. And I love how you just embossed that background stamp and used it as your focal. Really stunning!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is beautiful! I love the stamp and the colors you chose. Thanks for joining us at a2z scrapbooking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card.Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. this one's a keeper! It helps if you use watercolor paper and distress inks, with a good amount of water spritzed on...they are key to the smooshing technique for me :) They blend so much easier that way. I love your technique and the colors you chose--thanks for joining in at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wonderfully creative. Beautiful.

    So glad you joined us at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow--both techniques made for gorgeous cards! Loved Darnell's card when I first saw it & your take is wonderful, Nonni!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful CASE, love those smooshed colours!! Thanks for playing with us at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at A2Z!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job Smooshing! I haven't tried it yet, you make it look fun! Thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors! The floral print over the top is lovely, thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!