Saturday 22 August 2015

Birthday Card in Tropical Colors



Hi friends!
Here's a quick card I made for my Mum using the sketch from Make The Day Special Sketch Challenge. I've die cut a Altenew Hennah flower and some Altenew Hennah leaves and sponged them with memento inks. Then I've heat embossed the corresponding stamped images on top. This is a technique I've seen the fabulous Donna Mikasa use and I think it looks very pretty! I've used patterned paper, rhinestones and a Finnish sentiment stamp in this card also -it's a bit busy to my eyes but I know Mum likes "a lot of things" in her cards so I think she'll be happy with all the bling and different patterns. 

Have a good weekend everyone and thanks for popping by!

9 comments:

  1. These flowers are really pretty and the mix of patterns perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love the colours you have used. Thanks for playing at Make the day special stamp store.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know this sketch challenge blog, will definitely head over and have a look. Nice combo of tropical colors in combination with a classy design. A card that feels both timeless and ageless, I love that about a design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! Love your take on the sketch. The colours are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the MTDSSS challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab, Nonni! Love the combo of patterns and the henna flower is one of my faves. Great to see you over at MTDS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those warm citrus colours... great technique too, to colour your die-cuts first :)
    Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge this month at Make the Day Special Stamp Store :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card! Love how you have "played" with the paterns and kept the colours neutral! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE those colours, Nonni. Must try out those fab technique.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!