Monday 3 November 2014

New Sketch at STAMplorations



Hi friends!
We have a new, fun sketch for you at STAMPlorations! The Design Team along with our talented guest designer Ingrid has made fab samples -don't forget to check them out and leave the girls some love! 

In my card I've used VIGNETTE: Trendy Feathers for stamping the background. VIGNETTE: Trendy Feathers is one of the new stamps to be released on November 15th and the stamps are now on a bundle sale -buy them all for just 42 dollars! Read more about the offer here... And this is how the stamps look like:


I inked the leaves with two different Memento inks using the "rolling technique" -no idea actually if it's called that or not... But you roll the edges of stamp on top of a darker ink pad after first inking the whole stamp with lighter ink. I also used a falling snow stencil with embossing paste and some vellum in my card. The sentiment (from Sentiment Builders: Dare) is stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder: thank you everyone who gave me this tip a few weeks ago when I messed up Debra's birthday card with vellum and ink that didn't dry! :) 

Okey, time for me to dare to go out with the dog now -the weather here has been disgusting for some days... Snow, rain, minus degrees, plus degrees, WET snow, rain... We are in the rain-mode now. I'll imagine the impossible -in November in Finland- the Sun. :) Have a fun day everyone and I hope to see you at STAMPlorations!

15 comments:

  1. Ths is beautiufl. I love that 'rolling' technique - I must try that!
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did the rolling technique like an expert. That is definitely one I need to try! LOVE the vellum, Nonni. Hope you are well, my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Nonni ... love how the vellum overlay adds another dimension to those gorgeous dual coloured leaves! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the two inks blend with the rolling technique ... will have to give that a try. The vellum over top softens the colours and gives a whole different look. So pretty Nonni! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vellum looks fab here and that stencil really is a must buy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the vellum on this is absolutely gorgeous Nonni.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous leaves, love the snow (especially when it's on a card and not on the ground!), love the stamped vellum overlay :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The added vellum brings this card to a whole new gorgeous level! Great job with the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous stamping of the leaves and the vellum is a brilliant touch! Stunning card, Nonni! Thank you for the mention too! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the addition of vellum, it adds just the perfect softness :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Upea kortti!! Kenenkä on tuo falling snow maski?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hei, siulla on tuo Falling Snow- sabluuna!! Tuo on aivan ihana!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great technique for those leaves. The added texture of the paste is great and my favorite element is the simple but shiny ribbon topping your vellum. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nonni. Love how you captured Finland's weather in your card and then put on the rose tinted spectacles with the vellum. It made me smile. Great card, Have a fab day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!