Saturday 1 February 2014

CASEing Yvonne!


Hi friends! We have a new challenge for you at Inkspirational Challenges and it's a CASE -your task is to go to the blog of wonderful Yvonne, choose a card and CASE it. If you are new to CASEing, we have instructions in the challenge blog.  Yvonne has several cards with sewing theme in her blog and I was inspired by the card below this text. I used a mannequin doll die cut I've got as a gift from Sandie (thanks hun!) and chose vintage style embellies and papers to go with it. Yvonne's style is vintagy and layered so that was the look I was after. My own twist is that I didn't distress the paper edges by tearing or using distress tool-for some reason I never do this although I do make vintage cards! Maybe I love the papers too much to tear them... Who knows what's the reason! :) Yvonne's post with the details of her card is here, I hope you'll visit her and leave her some love. While you are paying her a visit, choose a card you'll CASE and join us in Inkspirational Challenges!


8 comments:

  1. Great CASE Nonni. Love the lacey skirt on the mannequin.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hienosti casettu (ja tuohan on sana... ;) ). Puna-harmaa on ihana väriyhdistelmä ja tuo pieni pitsimekko on huippu idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny, we both used items on our cards that we have given each other....great minds think alike and all that!!! So fab to see a vintage card from you, you are the master of swapping between styles, a real skill I don't possess!! Love the lace skirt and the text on the doll. And the doily really works here xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that button card. I love the whole vintage sewing effect - both you and Yvonne have achieved that feel on your cards, but in such different ways. Great CASE. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Todella kaunis kortti Nonni, olen Suomalainen vaikka olen asunut suurimman osan elämästani Ruotsissa :)

    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elämästäni! No, tuo suomen kieli sujuu hitaammin ;)

      Delete
  6. Oh Nonni this is just wonderful. I love the doily skirt on the mannequin. Beautifully done! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Nonni! Funny story for my card. I found myself away from home and had to purchase every item to make my card. If I had been at home with all my stuff, it would have been a totally different card! I love your take on my card, fresh and it has a bit of both of us in it! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!