Saturday 22 March 2014

Chicks!

Hello friends!
Despite the look of this card I was not on acid or on anything else either when making the color choices... Deepti Stephens used such a great sentiment in one of her cards lately, "Dance to your own music" -I think I was definitely dancing to my own music when making this and so are these chicks! :)

The stamps I used are from the newest set from Avocado Arts. I've stamped with Memento Inks -the flower and grass are just stamped but the chicks are colored in with Copics. I found a nice new combo for yellow: yr31, y35, yr12 and yr14. I don't have that many yellows and I've had trouble finding good combinations before. I also used white gel pen to highlight the faux stitching in the stamped tulip and grass. "Kevätterkut" is Finnish for "Spring Wishes".

Now that I continue looking at this I think the chicks might be on acid... There's fumes coming out of their heads and everything! Sorry about that. :)  I'd better end this post before things get too crazy. Have a great weekend and thanks for popping by!

10 comments:

  1. Hassusti hämmennyksissään ovat tipuset herttaisessa kortissasi.
    Nyt voi Pääsiäinen tulla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voi mikä aurinkoinen ihanuus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, they certainly look high!! Lovely happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chicks are cute ... and they look like their doing a "happy dance". :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cheerful gang of chickens, so sweet, love the retro feel of the DP and color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww... Nonni! This are so CUTE! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super funny! Caný recall to have seen this in real... Enjoy your sunday, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. Well I don't know what these chicks are on but they are precious and they make me smile. Great yellow combo Nonni and a fun card. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks like you had a fun trip anyway! But heh this is a really fun card! And that colouring is expert x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww this is so cute Nonni, I love the dancing birdies :)

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!