Thursday 8 May 2014

Inspired by words at TIME OUT


Hi friends! 
Two months have gone by and we've completed our first challenge rota at  TIME OUT Challenges. It's been super fun to visit everyone's blogs and we are very grateful for how many of you have wanted to play along! Now it's time for our Inspired by Words- challenge again and the phrase is

Time Flies, Love Lasts

If your mojo needs a little push there's fab DT cards in the challenge blog for your inspiration. Karen from Made by Meadie is joining us as a guest designer -I hope you'll visit her blog too and leave her some love -she is a very talented card maker with a beautiful style. Welcome to TIME OUT, Karen!

I chose to make a sympathy card for someone who has lost a loved one... We are not here forever as we unfortunately know and the inspiration phrase along with the Tim Holtzt stamp I chose to work with guided my thoughts to this direction. I started by applying 3 shades of Distress Inks to a piece of card creating a sunset look and then stamped the image with black Versafine. As you see there are birds flying and a clock in the image -those link to our inspiration phrase. Many ways to interpret the words! :) I loved the stamped panel and went with a CAS look to give it the center stage. 

I hope to see you playing along at TIME OUT Challenges! We are inspired by words for a fortnight so you'll have plenty of time to take time out and join us. ;) Happy crafting!


14 comments:

  1. Nonni, this is a great take on the words and such wonderful and rich sponging. I hadn't thought of the words in the way and I love hoe we all see things differently. And such a spot on stamp for this challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonni, I think your sentiment with the sympathy card is spot on. The stamping/inking is absolutely gorgeous and so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is phenomenal! I've had this stamp for years and never imagined it could look this fabulous! You've inspired me to pull it out and create with it again! The colored background and simple design makes a perfect sympathy card! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card to let someone know you're thinking of her/him! And also a great take on the words! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aivan mieletön kokonaisuus! Värivalinnat nappijuttu, mä niin tästä tykkään!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I love the rainbow background and such an inspirational take on the words. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card! So sorry for your friend's loss. I'm sure this card will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nonni your card looks amazing - such a beautiful scene:) Thankyou so much for inviting me along on the blog this week - it's an honour to join you guys - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, Nonni - soft, comforting, thoughtful, as a sympathy card should be. Your sponged background is a perfect canvas for the silhouettes you've selected! Wonderfully innovative take on the challenge!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Nonni... I LOVE this card! It looks so clean, but vibrant. The coloring in the background is fabulous! That takes such skill. Your stamp choices are perfect. Absolutely beautiful!!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully done with the tricolour ink effect and the striking black silhouette design.

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!